The Utility Billing Department is responsible for preparing all billing information for residential and commercial customers inside the City Limits, entering all data into the computer, receives information concerning meter readings. Assures that bills are mailed out monthly, as well as calculates adjustments to bills as necessary. This department also schedules disconnection of services as necessary, and initiates work orders for connection, disconnection or transferring service. Work in this department is performed under the supervision of the Director of Finance.
Turn on Service
To establish utilities with the City of Hampton you must appear in person at City Hall with a valid ID. Once the Utility Application
is approved, your presence is required when the services are connected.
Requirements for Establishing a Utility Account
- Proof of ownership - deed, lease, or rental agreement
- Official Photo ID - Drivers License/Passport
- Complete Application for services (City can provide or can be printed by clicking here)
- Deposit upon submission of application
- Letter of Credit from any previous utility company (i. e. water, gas, electric, cable, internet, phone, or cellular phone - Names must match applicant). Must be 6 months of continuous service within the past 12 months. If the letter of Credit is approved, the deposit will be the lesser of the amounts. Letter of Credit is not mandatory.
- For same day service, customer must be at City Hall by 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will be the next business day.